Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More things I didn't buy: overpriced edition

I didn't buy this Sammy Davis Jr. 45 of "Mr. Bojangles" because it was $8 and didn't even have its sleeve! I have been known to buy 45s with no sleeves, and 45s with really cool sleeves but the wrong record inside, but 45s with no sleeves? For $8? I have to draw the line somewhere.

This "all-inclusive sandwich manual" was part of a pretty adorable cookbook series I've never seen before. But $15 each! What the hell. I really wanted this one though, just because of the telephones on the cover. Something about a good retro telephone illustration gets me every time, even if it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the book's topic—in this case, all-inclusive sandwiches.

I didn't buy this 1951 version of the Better Homes and Gardens Handyman's Book on the grounds that $5 was too much for a book with some water damage on its fabulously illustrated cover. This may need to be filed under "regrets, I have a few..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...